The M14 is a hard hitting rifle that appears in all SOCOM games.
Background[edit | edit source]
The M14 is an battle rifle that fires a full size cartridge (7.62 NATO). It most commonly utilizes a 20 round magazine, and is used by many countries. It can be used in either an assault or sniper role. The M14 is, as of 2012, still commonly used by US Special Operations Forces (including the SEALs) in the form of the updated MK14 Mod 0/1 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Perfect for sniping as it can mount a wide range of scopes and a bipod (SOCOM 3).
- Full-auto fire mode for CQB.
- Heavy damage, comparable to sniper rifles.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Ammo can be scarce.
- Heavy upwards recoil. Players are advised to use it on semi-automatic until they become accustomed to the recoil.
- Small magazine size (SOCOM/SOCOM 2).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M14 featured in SOCOM and SOCOM II is significantly smaller than a real M14. This is because the Ruger AC556 (the full-auto version of the .223 cal. Mini-14 ranch rifle) was used as a stand-in for the real M14. The reason for this is unknown.
- In SOCOM 3 the M14 utilizes an uncommon 30 round magazine for battle rifles. This could, however, be merely an oversight by the developers due to the M14 being treated as an assault rifle in the game.
[edit | edit source]
|Weapons and Equipment in SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs|
|Weapons and Equipment in SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs|